Untapped Incentives for Energy Efficiency Projects
DID YOU KNOW that Energy Efficiency is a fuel source?
PJM Interconnection is the mid-Atlantic's regional transmission organization (RTO), coordinating the movement of wholesale electricity and reliably securing power sources for future demand for over 60 million people in 13 states. Energy efficiency investments not only reduce demand for fossil fuel generation and carbon emissions, but also on overloaded grid transmission and delivery infrastructure, and all of the loss that comes with it. Because of this, energy efficiency or "EE" is considered an increasingly valuable resource in capacity markets, and is bought and sold at the same price as electricity generated by a power plant.
For some organizations, this could be hundreds of thousands of dollars just waiting to be captured!
eCap Network specializes in qualifying projects for entry into PJM's complex markets. Often we can find and qualify past (already complete!) projects for future payments. It's kind of like finding free money on your doorstep! We have successfully harvested EE credits for commercial and industrial operations resulting in millions of dollars of new revenue for our partners and clients.
- Lighting Retrofits
- HVAC Upgrades
- Energy Efficient Motors
- Variable Frequency Drives
- Industrial Process Improvements
- New Energy Efficient Construction
- LEED / Green Building
- Clean or Renewable Distributed Energy
How the program works:
- PJM's forward capacity market allows a kilowatt of energy efficiency saved, to be treated as if it were a kilowatt of generation capacity from a power plant.
- After verification from an authorized M&V provider like eCap, EE credits are cleared for exchange in the market by Conservation Service Providers (CSPs) alongside other sources of supply.
- This market-based system allows utilities connected to the PJM grid to account for energy efficiency investments when forecasting future demand and securing generation supply.
- Every single organization with facilities in PJM territory that has invested in mechanical and electrical systems since 2013 most likely has untapped dollars waiting to be collected.
- Investments made today can lead to four years of future payments!
- Click here to learn more about EE in PJM markets
To see if you have untapped revenue...